Thursday, September 18, 2008

Your Tender Heart






If I Could Stop One Heart From Breaking


IF I can stop one heart from breaking,
I shall not live in vain;
If I can ease one life the aching,
Or cool one pain,
Or help one fainting robin
Unto his nest again,
I shall not live in vain.


Emily Dickinson


My Dear Zoey,

How I love your tender heart. I will never forget the night that we sat, you by my side- holding my hand, and watched the "Wonder Pets- Save the Baby Tiger". It was an adaptation of one of your favorite fables. The one where the Lion has a thorn in his paw and the mouse helps him when no one else would.

You know the story well. You were so excited to see this version. There was a twist though, the mouse could not get the thorn out of the tigers paw. He was very sad. I looked over at you and saw tears well up in your beautiful black eyes. You looked at me and sobbed "the mouse could not get the thorn out". I held you close as your body shook and heaved. I told you how proud i was of you and what a beautiful, kind , caring heart you have. I held you and told you how proud i was of you to have so much love for animals of all kinds and all living things. I have never been more proud. You are two. The world could learn so much from your pure, tender heart. I continue to learn. I love you.

Mama

P.S. The Wonder Pets did team work and helped the mouse get the thorn out...... all's well.

5 comments:

Kristin said...

this brought tears to my eyes...both the story of the tiger and the fact that Z was so sad.

Maia said...

SHe must get all the kindness and compassion from her Mama.

I meant to tell you that Brynn and I both are "cherrypickers" when it comes to education...we both have used some of the Waldorf theories where we see fit. I love the imaginative play!

Green Family said...

Hi Stacie...welll thanks for the thoughts. Things are slowly but surely getting back to normal...whatever that is. We're just pooped. What's going on over there?? It seems like you all have been very busy...I hope with some fun stuff. Rough patch?? I hope all are well.
Take care...
Kelly

Rachel said...

What a sweet story! Zoey is so compassionate and sweet. I certainly don't see that in my boys (they are, of course, boys) and can only hope Lily will develop it! She is quick to give a hug to someone who is hurt or sad!
Rachel

Deb said...

What a sweet story of your Zoey! She does have a tender heart!

My playlist


MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com