

I love the light streaming in on all of these photos and Zoeys lipstick stained face.


She just had to get Scout in on the fun.
This was my doll when I was little. Actually, it was my grandmother's then my mother's and so on.
I was obsessed with this doll for as long as I can remember. I remember laying in bed with her and inspecting her from top to bottom and generally just being in love with her. I can't explain my fascination at the time. I am not sure if I wanted to look like her or know someone who looked like her or what it was for sure. I do know that I thought she was the most beautiful creature I had ever seen.
It is uncanny how much she looks like Zoey. Especially as a baby. The doll is actually of Japanese descent, I believe. I have never asked my grandmother where she came from or her story. I will call her today to find out.
She sits in a glass box in our living room. I am much more hesitant to let her be played with than my mom was. She is porcelain-her legs have hairline cracks and she
is very old. Zoey has never once mentioned her until this day. She asked if she could take her down and hold her. This is where she chose to sit down to hold her. The chinese calligraphy above her says "Dreams come true".









3 comments:
Zoey is growing up too quickly! She is a beautiful little girl!!! I love that she is enjoying your precious doll...sooo sweet!
That doll does look a lot like Zoey's referral picture! Cute pictures. I love the lipstick stain on the face combined with teh fact that she has such a serious look on her face!
Hope you are doing well.
As usual~ awesome pictures! I have to say that my favorite is the one with Scout!
Post a Comment