Monday, June 07, 2010

Perspective




I am desperately missing days like this and so sad to know that soon these waters and much that lives in them will be obliterated by the oil spill. Not an event due to nature or natural selection of life but one at the hands of some very negligent businessmen and politicians.


WE are the fiercest predators on this planet and WE have caused this immense trauma. As a car owner and consumer of oil I am painfully aware that I share some of this blame.


I feel fortunate that we were able to see it one last time before the damage had reached the wildlife and shores but my heart aches for what is lost.


Soon Danielle will have my blog fixed and I will start posting again regularly- I have so much to catch up on.

5 comments:

Christine said...

I LOVE this picture! Is there a trampoline in the sand or bouncy shoes on her feet? How did she get so high off of the sand?

Anonymous said...

Hi there...great pics! So sad though to think that beautiful shore will be effected by the oil spill :( Hope all is well you you 3!
kelly

Green Family said...

Awesome pics Stacie!! So sad too...

We are looking forward to seeing you in San Antonio. We have the hotel booked and will be booking our flights hopefully this weekend. We're thinking of getting in early on Thursday so George can see the Alamo...he's been there but never seen that.

Then...we'll join everyone in the afternoon. Maddie can't wait to see her "China sisters". First round of Riesling is on us :)

Kelly

MellyJ said...

We need new pictures. Miranda wants to see how big Z is getting. She thinks she may be catching up to her!

kitchu said...

that is one FANTASTIC photo. anxious to see what danielle does with your site, though i have to admit it was fun doing mine just with the new blogger presets- so much to choose from now...

My playlist


MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com