Thursday, July 26, 2007

OCD?? 16 months old.

Trying to get in bed with my doll Xiao Xiao
I feed Xiao Xiao a bottle, then put her to bed
Uh oh! Out Damn Spot!!
Owie face
I am very upset about marking on my rug with my Hello Kitty pastels I bought in Hong Kong!!!
Miss Ella and Z- these photos tell all- they would not sit on the same step. They were not at all sure of each other and definitely saw the other as competition. I know they will be great friends - one day and towards the end of the evening they were playing very well together

Is it too late to qualify for Wimbledon? Or too early?
My Aunt Linda sent this cute tennis outfit- Z thought she was VERY cool in it!

I have not taken ONE photo this week- so these are all several weeks old. Kelley is out of town this week and I just don't have the energy especially since we have had two doctor visits and Z's "photo shoot" this week. It is amazing how my whole day is in shambles if I have an appointment to make it to. It is so hard to get ready with Z in my charge. I normally do it while Kelley feeds her breakfast. I can't really do it while she naps- she must sense when I am upstairs- she wakes up every time. It never fails - if I am putting on makeup she has to be in my arms.
She has been super clingy this week due to the 4 shots and TB test and the visit to the Pediatric Opthamologist and dilation. She HATED the visit to the eye doctor. They had to do the dilation drops twice as they did not work the first time- and we were there for 2 1/2 hours today. She woke up from her afternoon nap in a good mood, though and was so happy when Dada came home tonight to see her before bedtime.
The photo shoot was very stressful for me. I never realized how much work it was to get toddler professional photos! He got some great ones- which is just amazing to me- definitely did not have much to work with as far as cooperation goes. We meet with him in the middle of August to make the selections. I can't wait! The photos themselves are not on his website, yet but if you want to see his work his website is http://wirkenphoto.com/ Tyler is the one who took Z's photos.
She has learned High Five and uses it with enthusiasm. She has had great fun with our boy neighbors, Ben and Andrew and wants to run down to there house every day.....loves their cars, legos and robots. The doorbell rang the other day and she said "ding dong" - don't know if I have ever said that to her? Loves to play "Fee, Fi, Fo, Fum I smell the blood of a Chinese Woman" and stomps her feet around. Favorite book is Good Night Kisses and Barnyard Banter and is getting much more tolerant and interested in books with an actual text- not just interactive books.
She is obsessed with all the gates (4 in our house) being closed, feeding the dogs- which is her chore along with helping empty all the trash cans in the house (Charlie has gained 10 lbs.), any
spots, anything not as it should be, and the scab on her knee. Her favorite word is Uh Oh and favorite food is Morning Star Spinacha and Artichoke Veggie Bites and all fresh fruit.
Steph- that beautiful dress is from my cousin Deedra. It is by Baby Nay- which is my FAVORITE children's clothing line!!! Z's crib bedding is Baby Nay-it always has a slight Asian flair!
BTW- all medical tests have come back negative including our last which was read today- her TB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She has gained a little less than a pound and is an 1 1/2 half taller! Still does not weigh 20 lbs yet so has to stay rear facing in her car seat til the next doctor visit.

4 comments:

MellyJ said...

I love the Xiao Xiao doll! Z is so sweet and takes such good care of her baby. M isn't into dolls yet, just her stuffed animals. M also has that 'ocd' behavior. Everything must be clean and in it's proper place.

PaHayes said...

Loved the outfit from Linda. I feel like it was more than a week since the shots. Glad she is no longer mad about it. She and her friend are so cute together. Wow...hope they will become fast friends.

Love, Mom

3 Peanuts said...

I cannot wait to see the photos from the shoot. We have not done a professional one yet. I have a friend that takes such great picutres and she has done some and plans to do more ion a week or two. I want Kate to be standing pretty well so I can get a good one in her Baptism gown.

Kate's favorite word is Uh-oh too:)

It seems like Zoey is really doing great. She looks like a very steady walker.

Kim

3 Peanuts said...

Ohh I just checked the photgrpahy site. They are stunning photos.

Kim

My playlist


MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com