Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Saint Louis Part 2

Missouri Botanical Gardens- beautiful Lily pond and Chihully glass sculpture exhibit

Miners creek
Strolling along thru the flowers- what a beautiful life
Getting drenched in the water park
If you click on this photo I think that Zoey was spitting out her water and we caught it in mid stream - this is an ongoing trick with her









Can you tell she is really proud of herself here?




Saint Louis Zoo



















The only thing that frightened Z was the turkey who kept screeching at her
I wanted her to ride the polar bear- she wanted to ride something with a saddle- so we compromised with mama getting a photo and then switching to the zebra











This is Z pushing her way to the front of the line (which by the way is a very Chinese thing to do- it is not considered rude in China-they all push and jockey for a space in line or in the airport or on the bus- it is just a cultural difference) so maybe that is what she was taught to do?

Headed for the Outback


We really enjoyed our mini vacation in Saint Louis and Zoey did a fabulous job with the travel. So much so we decided to fly to California this December for my birthday!!!! YAY! I know- a three hour car ride for a 3 day trip is a bit different than a plane ride to the west coast but we have confidence in our little world traveler- I think she loves and was born to travel. She has an adventurous spirit!
Saint Louis is a great place to visit with children. We had a lot of options but in the end decided on the Zoo and the Missouri Botanical Gardens. I am not normally a big fan of Zoo's ( I was given glowing recommendations from several people whose opinions I trust) but I have to say I was pleasantly surprised with the StL Zoo- it had a great conservationist program and children's zoo.
I LOVED the Missouri Botanical Gardens and so did Z. They had an amazing Children's Garden and the whole facility was flawless and so well maintained. I highly rec'd it to anyone, especially with kids. We ended with lunch on the famous Hill which was fabulous, wish we would have found it the night before.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

she is so cute stacie!

My playlist


MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com