Friday, September 28, 2007

Mercy Corps: China the Disparity of Change

This is part of a monthly newsletter I recieve from Mercy Corps (an organization I have alot of respect for). They are documenting some interesting valuable work they are doing in China. It reminds me of the huge disparity I spoke of after recieving our referral and before we traveled. After spending some time in China I have a little more understanding and perspective. Especially after spending some time walking the streets of Nanchang. I can't help but think of Z and her sisters from China and the dramatically different life she and they might have led if not for our destiny.



If interested- please follow the link and read all of the segments on China.

http://www.mercycorps.org/countries/china/1833?source=E144


September 27, 2007 China: The Disparity of Change
Dear Readers,
In April, I traveled throughout China to meet with families struggling to find a place in the country's meteoric economy. It was perhaps my most memorable journey as a writer.
Accompanied by photographer Thatcher Cook, I visited areas of China far from main roads, and even farther from news headlines, to discover the stories of people Mercy Corps is helping. The compelling stories, poignant photographs and emotional songs we brought back chronicle the lives of China's poor — and testify to the generosity and reach of Mercy Corps donors.
I invite you to take a look at the first of three segments on China, which tells the story of
the Yi ethnic group. It represents a new, in-depth approach to how we share our work; I hope you find it interesting and informative. Please don't hesitate to let me know at http://www.icebase.com/go.shtml?20070927110648330945&m90760&mailto:rburks@mercycorps.org.
Roger Burks, Mercy Corps Senior Web Writer


No comments:

My playlist


MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com