Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Cabin Fever








My Scout- the Alpha....

Until my Girl came-clearly the Alpha
Insisted on wearing this bib....thought Pa brought it to her that day.

Already wanting to choose her own looks







Before she saw the camera



















































I am not going to write much today..... next week will be our one year anniversary of our referral for Z. The first time we saw her face. I have been full of emotions all week reflecting on that time in our lives and wishing I had known her and held her in my arms from day one. It is weird... I have really been mourning that loss of the first 14 months of her life (without us), lately. I guess it is because we are really beginning to see her true personality and sense of humor and I just want as much of her as I can have- for as long as I can have her. I've always wanted this but am only now letting myself "go there" with that vulnerability. I knew it would come eventually.
All that really matters is that I love her .....deeply ....and she is here with us now.

4 comments:

missy said...

She is just so cute! These pictures really show her cute personality. What a doll! I also love the pictures of Scout.

Green Family said...

She is getting so big. I can't get over how quickly her hair grows!! My favorite though - you with the tongue out. Looks like fun times at the Hrabe household!! Stay warm. We're in shorts today :)

MellyJ said...

We are feeling exactly the same way here...very emotional the past month. I can't believe that our babies will be two in a few weeks!

Maia said...

You take the most gorgeous pictures!
Lovin' the pink snowsuit, and the heart glasses!!

My playlist


MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com