Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Catching Up (sorry about the text - I have no idea what is going on)


Our last play time with James and Aunt Krissy before they move to Milwaukee :-( .
He is SUCH a sweetheart, he gives kisses and hugs!!

I was able to hold James in Z's presence without her getting upset.



Tea Party hosted by Z to honor Aunt Krissy




Baby James- you need some lotion
No baby! "you too leetle"

Can you tell she has had this done a few times, herself?






Ok baby, you need your diaper changed!

Let me out of here!




She kept saying "eet otay baby" "holn on baby"







What in the sam hell is THAT?

She perseveres








this pic says it all

Looking at the snow fall









Great Grandma gets an exclusive "tee- tee" cuddle

Showing Great Grandma her favorite music box













Dada on duty- this is what i came home to.

This was my doll bed when i was a little girl. I have very vivid early memories of doing the same thing. My dear Grandpa Geffert made it for me, so it is extra special.






Trying to cross her legs like Dada does when he watches the tube. She would NEVER have sat down to watch anything 2 months ago.





This is something like her 10th haircut in 8 months
Help Dada
She bang- bangs















Taking advantage of a global warming day at our favorite KC greenspace, Loose Park














My Grandma Geffert made the trip up this weekend, we had a great day and alot of fun. Z has made some really noticable strides. She did great with Baby James and was relaxed and calm the entire time.
Sometimes it is hard for me to see the gains we have made because they are so subtle and happen so slowly. People are constantly reminding me of what a change they see in her. She will always have certain "special needs" where her trauma is concerned (I would argue that all of our IA kids have these to some degree) but having the knowledge and tools to deal is so reassuring. She has such a brave, strong heart. She continues to amaze me with her strength and love. Don't ever mistake her for being a fragile victim of her life. That she is not. She is a survivor and she reminds me of that every day in many ways.
We are really enjoying our new lazy life. We are doing alot of cuddling and lounging on the couch (something I have NEVER done) and I have to say I love it. I feel guilty some days. I feel like I am boring her to death or not doing enough educational stuff with her and I need to update her toys. We are doing TONS of sensory rich activities which basically translates into making huge messes. Our OT issued through Missouri first steps has been pretty useless. I have found the most helpful resource to be the books "The Out of Sync Child" and the "The Out of Sync Child Has Fun". It is definitely not brain surgery- easy stuff do on your own with your child.
Z's favorite things right now are her dolls and her Fisher-Price Little People. As you can see in the photos- she is really into mothering right now (and she is a very attentive, empathetic mama). It cracks me up to listen to her because basically she uses my exact words and tone of voice. When I drop something or make a mistake she says "shoot Mama", while applying her own Heleo Kitty bandaids she whispers "shoot" everytime. Hey, it is better than the alternative. She likes safe, slow driving and if I get a little too crazy for her she yells "whoaa Mama" from the back seat. She is so funny! She makes me laugh out loud a dozen times everyday.
She weighs 24 pounds now!!! For a baby who weighed 17 lbs the day we brought her home at 14 months old that is quite a gain! She is built like a little gymnast with the most muscular little legs I have ever seen on a toddler. Tiny little butt and wide shoulders...just like her Mama.... Ha! ha!..... not even close.
Her favorite food is pizza and M&M's. She loves the Beatles and dancing. I love it when I have been out of the room and come back in or she comes to find me she says "hi baby" to me. She LOVES to "sneak" people and play hide and seek. Whenever she does something she will say "See Dee Dee- See I do it- See Chawie" (Dee Dee is our dog Sammie D and Charlie our other dog). She definitely likes to be the center of attention, even if it does mean just with our dogs and cats.
Her birthday is coming up and when asked what she wants to do she said "Peetz like Pa" (pizza party like Pa). I truly have no idea what to do. I will only have family (her cousins and grandparents) but i know she will not be ready to have her cousins at our house (very possesive of her toys still). I want it to be special but enjoyable and low key for her.


1 comment:

Maia said...

Wow that's a lot of updating! Wonderful pictures!
We're supposed to get our unseasonable warm spell this weekend...I can't wait!

did I give you our new blog? Cant recall - if not, here it is:
http://wanderersdaughter.blogspot.com/

My playlist


MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com