
Kicking off the Holiday a little early the weekend before... we were trying to clean out the garage hence the mess behind her- nice weeds growing in between our flagstones... we are having the patio flagstones relaid in cement soon.... i have no more time for upkeep






Very proud to be "holding" baby James
Jumping for joy- happens many times a day



A very much missed little boy
We thought there might be some jealousy issues for Z with Pa but she did so well. I keep saying this but i really can't believe the transformation in her.
Here she was trying to sneak up on a bird....she got very close and the bird kept flying very close to her and would follow her all around the yard. It was so cute.
Helping Pa feed the birds


Ready
Aunt Tiss (Aunt Kris), Uncle John and Baby James came home this weekend! We had a great time with them. This was the first time that we had seen them since they moved in Febuary. Zoey was infatuated with Aunt Kris and wanted to know where she was at all times.
Baby James is just the sweetest, cutest most precious little boy. He constantly gives hugs and kisses and is so happy and laid back. It was so cute to see him and Zoey together. Zoey did very well, for the most part with sharing and "trading" toys. She never even objected to me holding James which was very suprising to me. It was such a joy for me to see how much she enjoyed herself and how relaxed she was. You have come such a long way baby! Mama is so proud of you!
This was especially relieving to me after the scare we had on Friday. I am writing this ONLY because it is part of Z's story of her life. I am sure there will be those that judge as has been happening quite frequently in our little blog land but- oh well.
We had been having a spectacular day on Friday and Z had woken up from her nap in a great mood. We did our daily post nap snuggle and I had gone into the master bath to change my clothes... ( i cannot remember what we were planning to do) and Zoey told me she was going to play hide and seek. I heard her go into the hall bath and heard the door shut. I did not think anything of it. I was just happy that she was letting me get dressed without trying to help dress me. I went to her rooma nd heard her talking in the bathroom- i was putting her clothes away and pretending to look for her when i heard her say " i locked it". I had one of those heart stopping moments and ran to the door- sure enough.
I tried to talk to her and tell her to turn the lock like she did when she locked it- only harder. I could see her trying and I just kept trying to encourage her. She started to get worried and panicked as she started to realize that she couldn;t do it. She started to scream at me to get her out. It was horrid. I tried. Believe me I tried. At one point i noticed blood all over the floor and door and thought it was Z's- it was mine thank God- i had sliced my hand open with one of my improvised tools and had no idea.
Long story shortened i called 911 and the fire dept arrived to save the day! They could not get the lock undone(old house- old locks) either so they had to climb the ladder and cut out the window to get in. Thank God- again -that they had the skinniest man alive on the truck to squeeze through the tiny opening. Zoey was so happy to see him- i heard him tell her- "Hi Zoey, I am a fireman, is it ok if i come in there with you and let you out?" What a hero!
This was the only door that locked in our house and I had totally forgotten about it as we NEVER use it! She seems to be doing really well and we are focusing on the happy ending and resolution whenever she brings it up (which has only been a few times)! Gheesh! Poor baby!











6 comments:
I am so sorry you had to go through that! I am going to check all our locks/doors tomorrow! So glad there was a happy ending! Zoey is so amazing!
Oh Stacie,
I am so sorry--I KNOW first hand how scary that can be. Kate locked me out back when I was putting th trash out one day. She was in the house and I was out! Luckily I talked her throgh unlocking the door and it worked. So SCARY! You are a GREAT Mom and NO one should judge ...these thing happen to everyone and I do mean everyone!
Z looks so happy in these photos.
Hope you had a great visit with your sister.
Kim
What a story!
Life happens. Don't you sometimes want a huge bubble to ensure nothing can ever go wrong? I'll look in my parenting manual, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't work that way.
Thankfully everything turned out fine, and I'm sure that generated some excitement in the neighborhood. I'll be checking out our "undocumented" locks tonight.
We had a fun weekend with you-Zoey! Thank you so much for helping Aunt Kris change baby's diapers, for comforting him when he cried, and sharing your toys. James was so happy you were there for his first birthday. We love you, Aunt Kris, Uncle John, and Baby James
I just found your blog and wanted to let you know how much I enjoy it. Zoey is so beautiful! Thank you for sharing her with all of us.
~Sharon
For all of us who "never had an episode"....NOT! It just proves how we can never prepare for all contingencies, but Zoey is growing so much in her confidence that she is loved, due to all you do for her, that we know it is important for these happenings as well.
Love, Gammy
Post a Comment