Wednesday, July 16, 2008

In Gratitude

Kindness in words creates confidence. Kindness in thinking creates profundity. Kindness in giving creates love. ~Lao Tse





My friend Maia sent this gorgeous hand made, cloche hat to Z this week. You may remember the everpresent cream one she wore all winter..... I am so thankful to have a replacement! Thank you Maia- you amaze me with your thoughtfulness during these weeks before you travel to meet your own daughter, beautiful Flynn!
Zoey wore it for two days straight. She loves hats. I think they make her feel a sheltered, safe and somewhat hidden from the rest of the world.


And this is for Maia. She loves ducks. These are actually "Teals" but I thought of Maia when I saw them and took this photo with her in mind!






And a much overdo thanks to the Fabulous Kim and Kate of 3peanuts for this adorable book Lambaroo. We are so sad to see her blog gone. She had endured unjust and unfounded criticism for too long. I know many of you read her blog and know what a wonderful, open, kind woman and mother she is. I gained so much inspiration and camaraderie from Kim. I am so thankful for "meeting" her.

Zoey was not enthused that I interrupted her reading for yet another photo!
This is a lovely book written by a fellow adoptive mother. Z really relates to it. It is about a lamb adopted by a kangaroo and how the lamb longs to look like his mother. In the end he realizes that it is our differences that make us who we are.
Hang time!

Scooter girl


That is her bug box in the basket. We were off to "monkey island" (a little island greenspace/park at the end of our block) to find bugs. Zoey loves bugs and will even hold them- and worms!


4 comments:

Kristin said...

The pics of Z in the red rocking chair look amazing. No need for you to ever take her to a professional photographer again! Just upload them on to your smugmug. You can get just about any size you want.

Maia said...

Oh, the Teals! I love them! I don't think we have those here.

And that first picture of Z might be the best one yet. What a beauty.

Rachel said...

Beautiful pictures! I miss Kim, too!

3 Peanuts said...

Satci,

I reopened my blog a few days ago.

SO glad Z likes the book. I love the hat! So cute!


Kim

My playlist


MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com