On our way to our first Mommy and Me Yoga class.
To explain the ever present fruit snacks.... I am not a fan-at all. I have seen (working in a pediatric dental office) first hand what these things can do to kids teeth, but for Z they are calming and organizing and prescribed by her OT among other things- GUM! Crunchy, hard foods are alerting and arousing, BTW. So, anytime we are on our way in the car anywhere somewhat unknown or unsettling I give her these. I am a toothbrushing Nazi but I still worry.
Unfortunately i just can't shoot Z in the natural light without my flash too often. She is too active and quick. 

I think this is going to be a really great thing for Z but we will see. She was not so focused but I think once she becomes a little more accustomed to her surroundings and the other kids she will like it. She ALWAYS worries when we go into a new setting with other kids but she soon realized that these kids were "safe". The class was small only 5 kids including Z (none over 4) and they were all really great kids. It was so cute to see this little 3 year old boy Christopher doing some pretty amazing poses. The most hillarious thing you will ever see is z doing the "warrior pose" Will try to get it on film!
I love the affirmation at the end. All of the kids put a hand in and repeat after their teacher " I am beautiful. I am easy to love. It is easy for me to give and receive love."






4 comments:
I hope the yoga class goes well. I think it sounds like a great thing for both of you!
This made me laugh out loud! I have been thinking about taking a yoga class lately but never thought to include James. This might be a great idea for us in another year.
Sounds like an awesome class. I am curious to see how it continues to go. You have worked so hard this past year to ensure Z gets absolutely everything she needs for her well being. You are a GREAT Mom Stacie!
Hugs,
Kim
I want to try this with Flynn. She is very social and loves any occasion where she can meet new people...I have to devise more ways to get her out of the house and in new and different settings. She loves a change of scenery and gets bored of being at home.
Post a Comment