Zoey: Mom, I can't speak Chinese.
Me: You can run can't you?
this is what she does with her mouth when she is proud and trying not to smile.
I love this look of surprise that she gets!
After dinner on our way back to room Zoey told me she loved that we were a family of four. She said "I won't ever be bored again". She has helped make this quite easy, so far. Having been through this once, I do know that we are just placating the grieving process. If it does not happen now it will have to happen later. But it has to be on Violet's terms. So for now we are all just having an unbelievably fun and easy time of it.
My toddler Mandarin turns out to be pretty good and we are communicating quite well. She definitely has more words than they last reported.
This morning she woke up and pointed to the door, asked for her shoes and said "Mama". I know she is wondering when this fun folly will with the strange looking family end. It amazes me how she is handling it.
We now know she will eat herself to the death if given the oppurtunity. At breakfast we had a scare. Zoey wanted to help her eat and I was not paying close enough attention to the speed and amount of food she was giving her. She literally over reached her capacity and it all came back up. Initially I thought she was choking and it was pretty scary.
Zoey did not self soothe with food or having any food hoarding issues so this is new for me. Violet is quite a chunk so i don;t think she did without or missed many meals- but maybe that was just within the last few months of foster care. As with everything else in Chinese adoption, who knows for sure.
She ADORES Kelley and loves any attention he will give her. She also adores zoey and wants to try to do EVERYTHING she does. Let's just say she is not quite the genetic muscle machine that Zoey was/is but if Zoey has anything to do withit she will soon be catching up. Violet has only gotten irritated with me a few times, when i turn away she will swat at whatever i did and suck her teeth and make a funny clucking sound. She rolls her eyes at me if I do something she does not like. She also know how to give knuckles. She is sassy molassy.
Off to apply for her chinese passport.






3 comments:
I love seeing Zoey and Violet together - they look like they have always been a pair! Elliott can't wait to hear all about Zoey being a big sister! What an amazing journey, I feel blessed to be watching it unfold.
Sabrina
Zoey looks so mature. The perfect big sis! Love the last picture with mama and her two girls!! I hope all continues to go well in China. It's such a different journey the second time around.
Congrats on your new Spicy Girl!! I have one of those!! :) She is adorable, and it sounds like it is going great!!!! So happy that Zoey is doing so well too!!!! Big Sisters are the best!!!!!
Enjoy the rest of your awesome trip!!!!
Blessings,
Diana
Post a Comment