Sunday, June 22, 2008

Beijing Bound

This is Ivana Hong she lives and trains here in the Kansas City area. Her mother and father were refugees from China. She was somewhat shaky in the trials but I hope she makes the team.





Zoey has had a natural, instinctive propensity for gymnastics without knowing what gymnastics was. She just has it in her and feels the need to bust out moves on a regular basis. I really wanted to see her reaction to actually "seeing" someone doing real gymnastics. I have no intention of getting her on a fast track or even in classes, yet- we just think it is really cute.

We watched the Olympic Trials for women's gymnastics this weekend. I let Zoey stay up late by 15 minutes each night to watch- (anyone that knows me knows I am a stickler about bedtime routine). I LOVE the Olympics and especially women's gymnastics. I knew she would love it too. She was ENTHRALLED. I have never her seen her so focused. The first thing she saw was a balance beam routine. After the routine she looked at me and said " Zso Zso can do that" and she was completely serious. Next was uneven bars- she went nuts!




Tonight she watched intently and when the commercials came on she would scream "ymnastics" and run over to her trampoline or balance beam jump off and do a dismount, throw her hands in the air to signal her finish and look around for applause and cheers. It is so funny to watch. I will try to get some video- did not have my camera handy, of course. I cannot wait until August!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I'm glad to see you posting again! Zoey seems to be doing great and I love all your pictures!

I owe you an email for your long email to me, but like you life has been very hectic!

Rachel

My playlist


MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com