What do you mean it- it's not Easter?
I'm taking it anyway.
Hmmm this looks good
I think i might try a bite
Fromage et Jambon
Not so enthused with the fruit that Mama got for her
Z's hot coff as she call it.
On the weekends we like to walk down to our neighborhood roasterie and coffee shop, where Zoey spends her time "asking" to pet all of the dogs. She has become quite the celebrity with the regulars ( it does seem that less and less dogs show up each weekend, though :-)).
I am loving, loving the stage Z is in right now. Other than her nightime bedtime. She is really fighting going to sleep at night and we are back to taking an hour or hour and a half to get her to sleep. I am thankful that we have had no nightmares for the last week, though. The nightmares had been a nightly occurance for the last two months.
She is understanding so many concepts right now. She is so much fun to talk to and play with and has quite the imagination. Her practical, common sense knowledge astounds me. I continue to stay away from trying to teach her formally but she continues to learn despite my lack of trying. Today she asked where the pentagon was(to her shape sorter) and then she said "oh here it is" and sure enough she had the pentagon in her hand.
We discontinued our Missouri First Steps OT and went back to Children's Therapy Place with the name of a specific OT to see, referred to us by our SW. WOW. What a difference that has made- finally someone who gets the whole package.... PTSD, Attachment and Sensory Processing Disorder- they are all so intricately intertwined that you cannot separate one from the other. We started her Therapeutic Listening Program this week and we are seeing some really great results already. She has been playing by herself!!!! The other day she played for 15 minutes by herself with me in another room. This is HUGE for Z. I will post more on it later with photos.






3 comments:
Maddie gets so excited to see new posts! Sounds like busy but fun times over there. SO GREEN! All of Zoey's clothes are just too cute. Glad to hear things are progressing so well. It is a terrific age...they are like little sponges :) Hard to believe that last year we were still in the "stunned" part of parenthood...and now look...we're Mommy Winged all over the place. By the way...Happy Belated Daddy's Day to Kellie!
Kelly
I love all of the posts and pictures of Zoey! M also gets excited to see the new pictures. She says, "Soey has pitty hair!" She loves all of her barettes. So sorry to hear about the nightmares. We know what that's like around here!
Ah, the bistro life!
I am fascinated to read about the therapy - I imagine a good therapist is priceless. I hope we can find one as good. I am hopeful because our first social worker (whom I adored) moved into a job of this kind, and I hope maybe we can use her at some point.
Post a Comment