Sunday, May 13, 2007

Back at the ranch- things are much better

I want to play!!

Josie and G -she has your picture in her hands - she would look at it and say something in baby chinese she has good Chinese tone usage already!!! Too bad i do not. I love baby pears! And they help to make me regular
Out for the count with Baba you're crazy baba
I am beautiful
And I have lots of teeth...she is cutting her molars right now



This was in the hotel crib- how did they know?????
Well the hour spent at the civil affairs office getting Z was very traumatic for her. When they handed her to me she tried to be brave for about a minute and i could hear trying to hold back her tears.... then she finally let go.... which is good and healthy, but not easy as a parent. The thing is Z screams.... the loudest scream of all the babies. I think she got all of the babies really upset. It was burning up hot in the room and she had two layers on. She looked sooo cute - all of the Ruijin babies were in the same brand new outfits. J&G you would be proud to know she had sequins on her pants and her shirt! But she was sweating bullets.
She,along with all of the other Ruijin babies clearly favor their fathers. That is also very normal esp for foster babies. We came back to the hotel and i sent kelley to do paperwork so that Z could warm up to me and that she did. By the time he was back she was cracking herself up, feeding me cheerios, i was feeding her, she was talking to me in baby chinese- saying baba of course.. a few mama. She said something very distinctive when she would look at my nieces photos but not sure what it was.
She is very attentive and observant and STRONG. She is longer (chinese wise) and skinny, weighing 18 pounds. Her feet are HUGE. I would say is she is darn near right on target development wise. I think she can walk.... definitely with us holding on she will.... but she does not trust us enough yet to attempt on her own.
I have felt like she was my daughter from the moment i had her in my arms. i don;t feel like i am baby sitting for someone elses baby- she is mine. I have seen an amazing tranformation in kelley- he is very protective dad.... kissing her constantly totally interacting with her.
it was all fun and games for z while playing - but bedtime was hard for her. She did not cry but was clearly sad and scared and would put her bunny (i sent in care pkg) in front of her face so she did not have to look at us. This is a defense mechanism and very common in the babies- but she fell asleep easily and quiclkly- poor baby is exhausted. she had a 7 hour bus trip just to get to us.
her eye is perfect.... not even a blemish... not sure what was going on in photo

13 comments:

SH said...

Wow! I can't believe she is so happy, smiley, and brave...just like her parents. You can see her personality halfway around the world on the www. It was very exciting to open all the photos up close, and go thru them with G. Really interesting to see how you have picked up so much already. I bet you are just staring at her non-stop. We'll be glued to the computer for the next week. But Make sure you enjoy your time. We love you. - Scott, Jolene, Josie, Gwyneth, and Kai.

SH said...

My favorite picture is the one with the bow in Zoey's hair. I love you - Gwyneth

PaHayes said...

This is my fourth attempt to comment. I have sent an email also. Called Great grandma and read her the blog site. We are so grateful for your pictures of our beautiful new granddaughter and so happy to see her interacting so well with her new parents. You guys are doing great.....and Kelley, you look so natural. Knew it would be so. Enjoy your new life. God is so good to us.

All Our Love, Mom and Dad Hayes

Anonymous said...

Think I finally have it.

I think we need to learn some Gan dialect now.

All my love,
Mom Hayes

Kristin said...

I had to stop reading everything and post a comment! She is absolutely beautiful!!! Her hair has grown so much! I also noticed her two little teeth on the bottom...how cute! I better get back to reading your post. I am so excited for you guys to get home so we can play with her too!! Congratulations!! Aunt Krissy

Unknown said...

Oh she IS wonderful! Happy, Happy Mother's Day! I so hope your transitions go smoothly and safely!

Chris Deck said...

Yes!!! You finally have Z!!!

We weren't expecting this, as we didn't think you were getting her yet and then we logged in this morning and were pleasantly surprised... you are together as a family... yeaaaaahhhh!

You all seem to be doing so well, it is amazing. The pictures of the adoption room brought back many memories.

Enjoy Nanchang (what hotel are you in) and keep the posts coming. It's a wonderful trip for us down memory lane and we can't wait to see you continue to experience life with Z... let the fun begin!!

Chris, Melissa, AnMei & JiaLi

Our Family! said...

She is absolutely beautiful. Sounds like the bonding has begun. What a great day. Enjoying your posts as we were there just one year ago, meeting Isabella for the first time. Love the photos.

Medical Mission Group said...

Got up early to check your blog, so excited to see your photos!!! This is so thrilling!! She looks darling, exactly like the referral photo and she looks tall and healthy, with little round cheeks. I am so glad she is with you now. Hope your Mother's Day was magical.

Love, Adrienne

PaHayes said...

I can't believe how cute she is!! It is obvious you are all(including Z) happy, and we are happy here also. It is was a very special mother's day. We can't wait until you get home.
Dad

Medical Mission Group said...

Hrabe--
Looks like you already have that fatherhood thing down. Great news to hear that your first day went so well. We are thrilled to death. Congratulations to you and Stacie, you have a beautiful family and we can't wait to meet Zoey.
--Folkerts

CityMarketSally said...

Yeah! Chris and I are so happy for you, she is absolutely beautiful. She is a lucky little girl and you are some lucky parents. Have a safe trip home!

Julie & Chris Sally

Dana said...

Stacie, Happy Mothers Day! You both look as if you are glowing with excitement and happpiness! Congratulations! Kelley you look like a natural taking a snooze with your daughter! Can't wait to see you all! Take care, enjoy the rest of your adventure.

My playlist


MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com