Friday, May 11, 2007

Some Leftovers-

At about hour 9 on the flight over- I would hit a small wall not long after this photo was taken!

This is the lobby of our Hotel- the Poly Plaza, they have a theater and stage and the show is Mama Mia- how hillarious is that. Alot of people attended last night.

My purchases from the grocery......I found prunes!!
IIn the terminal in O'hare. The Chinese man and woman behind me are Heidi's grandparents. They were so nice!


Our room at the Poly Plaza Hotel in Beijing

Shopping for water and snacks at the grocery in Beijing as you can see, in beijing the groceries have EVERYTHING!



I can't sleep. It is 4 am Beijing time and I have had about 4 hours sleep and I think that will be all I get. The cement box springs they use for mattresses here are not doing the trick for me. Of course Miss Sleeping Beauty Kelley is having no ,whatsoever. That makes it even more frustrating.






I woke up at midnight in the pitch black, not knowing where I was. I was panicked because I thought I was back in KC and the whole China- adoption thing was a dream. It was very disorienting and scary. It just seems so unbelievable to be here. I am not able to fully process it, yet.






My neck and shoulder are doing remarkably well considering all the lifting and 13 hour plane flight and cement bed etc.






For those that do not know, all the Chinese Nationals seem to have their given Chinese names and they also choose a "western" name like Karl or Veronica.






I met two Chinese families in the terminal at Chicago, they both were young, attending university in the US and they both had BEAUTIFUL baby girls. Heidi and Gracie. Heidi was 13 months and Gracie was 6 months. The age of Zoey now and the age of Zoey in her referral photo. I had some of Zoey's toys in my carry on so I let Heidi (13 month old) play with them. It was very interesting to observe how she responded to me. VERY cautiously, she was interested and intrigued but very wary. She would not come to me or smile much - but she kept her eye on me.






Gracie,, the 6 month old was sitting on the other side of me on her Grandmother lap. I would talk to her and she would smile and laugh and she just gripped my finger and would not let go. Kelley and I both thought Zoey looked much older than her in her referral photo. I am just beyond anxious to see what she looks like now. I showed Z's pic to the grandma and she asked her son if he was a boy! How funny. VERY NICE families, both of them.






On the plane a young family with a little 2 year old boy overheard me telling the people sitting next to me what we were doing in China. When we landed he turned to me and said that he wanted to thank me for what we were doing and that he was very proud of us. I told him we felt like we were the lucky ones, so honored and thankful that China would intrust us with one of her daughters!!






The people we have encountered and met have all been so amazing and warm and supportive. We look forward to seeing, meeting and learning more each day!!






Here are some more photos from yesterday.... We will have a very full day of activities today and will post with more photos later tonight!






Thanks for all the comments of support and interest! It is cool to get them. I am able to see them on my Road Runner email account- so that is reassuring!






I just realized I have one more sleep (if i am lucky) til Zoey day!!!!!!!!!!!!!






Love ,



Stacie









1 comment:

PaHayes said...

Dear Stacie and Kelley

We are trying to post comments, if this doesn't work, we will try to email you.

So fun to see the great pictures and to hear your adventure, play, by play. We have it figured out that you will be getting her around 3:30 AM on Mother's DAy here, so we will be up really early checking the blogs.

Things are going great here. WE are all talking non-stop about Zoey....so she is on our minds, and you are as well.

Love you so much......

Mom and Dad Hayes

My playlist


MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a playlist at MixPod.com